Lifestyle & HealthReturn to Blog
Cooking For One - Poached Eggs
A little gem to curb the hunger pangs...
In an attempt to curb hunger pangs and for a quick meal to get me out the door, I came up with this little gem.
It’s all prepped and cooked in the one dish (yay to less washing up) and thankfully I had enough gumption to make double.
My kids ended up eating the other one kale and all. Yippee! Hope you enjoy too!
Eggs poached in cream with kale and mushroom
- 3 Kale leaves sliced finely
- ½ teaspoon Vegetable stock powder
- 1 large Mushroom or 3-4 small ones chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Thyme leaves
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Line bottom of a 10cm Ramekin dish with the kale leaves.
- Sprinkle the vegetable stock evenly over the leaves
- Add the mushrooms and season with cracked pepper and Thyme leaves
- Carefully crack 2 eggs into the Ramekin dish.
- Pour the cream over and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until eggs to your liking
- Kale may be substituted for any type of spinach.
- Replace cream with evaporated milk if you’re watching your figure or replace with coconut cream and remove the cheese to make this dairy free.
Serve with a fresh salad.